Today we did political partie Election Day I was in the party P.E.P.P. We had to persuade the year 4s and 5s to vote for our party. Our party’s 2 ideas were to get classroom pets and electives. In the end our group only got 13 votes but overall we did really good because we worked good as a group. But on the day I didn’t really help my group
a system of voting whereby the voter indicates his order of preference for each of the candidates listed on the ballot for a specified office so that if no candidate receives a majority of first preferences the first and second preferences and if necessary third and other preferences may be counted together until one
1. For a political candidate to win their seat in an election they need to…
a. Win half the votes
b. Win half the votes plus one
c. Win 100% of the votes
2. What is the official name for someone that counts the votes in an election?
3. Not every country uses preferential voting. Can you name one?
4. Why are the advantages of a preferential voting system?
If you don’t get your first you might get your second
5. Why do minor parties prefer the preferential voting system?
Because there not as rich they can’t afford big advertisement so they might get the other people’s 2 or 3 vote
6. What is the purpose of a “how to vote card”?
So you know how to vote and don’t make a donkey vote
7. What is a polling booth?
The place were you put your votes
8. Have you ever had to vote for someone or something? What was the process?
9. Can you name the three major Australian political parties? Who are their leaders?
Liberal party-Malcom Turnbull laybor party- bill shorten Australian greens Richard Di Natale
Which other country might have been part of Australia Pre test
Who was Henry Parkes
Why were the initial attempts to become a Federation rejected
I don’t know
What role did Alfred Deakin play in becoming a Federation
In what year did Australia become a nation
Who was Australia’s first Prime Minister
I don’t know
How did Federation impact on Indigenous people and Chinese migrants
I don’t have any idea
What do you know about the Eureka Stockade
I think we’re all the minors tried to kill the government or president
and because they were making the miners pay for mining licenses
What were some big events that have happened between 1901 and 1960
There were 2 world wars vfl
Who were some important people between 1901 and 1960?
Don Bradman ted whiten john Kennedy